Monday, November 3, 2008

Clean Hair

Some days I get so caught up in my daily life that I seem to forget what really matters. I don't think I'm the only one. I work full time in a job that I truly enjoy, even as stressful as it is, and I run in the few hours after work each day to something or another that needs to be done, and the weekends are full with errands and ballgames and more. What about you? What takes up your time and your energy and your thoughts? I bet your list is a lot like mine.

Every now and then though I do manage to take deep breaths and look around and enjoy the moment I'm in. Last night while giving my son a bath and then reading with him (he's becoming quite the reader) was one of those times. I let it happen leisurely, not pushing to get him in bed early (though maybe I should have) and I just enjoyed him. I think I need more of that- breathing in the scent of clean hair and brushed teeth, cuddling in pajamas and reading a book. In fact, I'm going to head home now and do just that.

What about you?

No comments: