Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Alone Time

I get a lot of time away from my family, much more than I'd like in reality. Too much time involved in other things, or having dinner with friends (though I definitely don't do that too much, just when added on top of everything else!) or working late on a project. But those times away from my family aren't really alone time, I'm rushing somewhere, thinking about where to be next or the next day.

But tonight I have true alone time... sitting in a hotel room with nothing that has to get done, dinner delivered from a nice place, and I am trying to enjoy the time and use it re-energize for going back to the office and responsibilities and family tomorrow. But really, all I want is for them to be here with me, enjoying the hotel bed and pillows and be able to snuggle.

Lately my real prayer has been that a way opens for me to have more family time, especially as we prepare to welcome a new member to the family. I don't yet know how, but I believe God will provide opportunities if I listen and am open to them.

No comments: